Apparently there’s an “O2 Priority List” (is this new?) which I’ve never heard of before. Here’s what it means apparently:
- All customers continually spending over a minimum of £80.00 a month, receive a 6 month early upgrade
- All customers continually spending over a minimum of £50.00 a month, receive a 3 month early upgrade
- All customers continually spending a minimum of £35.00 a month, receive a 1 month early upgrade
I travel a lot and my phone bill is regularly over £100/month thanks to roaming charges, so I assume I’m at the higher level. Not that O2 has mentioned anything to me.
So let’s review.
- I wasn’t a valued customer until there was competition. O2 were happy to hold me captive and screw me for as much as they could.
- Now I have choices for my iPhone carrier, apparently I am a valued customer. Although they haven’t bothered to tell me.
- My contract ends in 3 months – so the “6 month early upgrade” would have been useful when I first tried to get an upgrade but now it’s just insulting.
Thanks O2, I think I’ll wait until January. I already know you don’t value my business and whilst I know the other carriers are probably as bad, at least I’ll have some choices about plans and probably cheaper International Roaming charges.
There’s a real market opportunity here for a carrier that treats customers as customers, not prisoners.