I’m exploring “Cutting the cord” at home (cancelling Cable).
So I got a Human YouTube box. See link below. The idea is I want something which can give us Live TV but without a subscription. I’ll need a DTT ariel in time.
But for the moment, I’m just using it as a streaming box… the Samsung “Smart TV” apps are soooo slow and rubbish, but this is pretty good.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t getting any sound when playing most programmes on iPlayer. Either directly through the TV, or via our sound system.
Turns out if you change the Sound output, problem solved.
- Press the Blue YouView button on the controller
- Scroll to Settings and Press OK
- Scroll to “TV Signal & Quality” and Press OK
- Press down until you get to “HDMI Audio Format” and Press OK
- Press right until it shows “Surround” and Press OK
- then press the Blue YouView button
That gave me reliable sound using iPlayer on the Human YouView box…