Interesting article on the digital footprints we are creating for our children.
From the article:
- The average age at which a child acquires an online presence courtesy of their parents is at six months, and by the time they are two 81% of children have some kind of ‘digital footprint’.
- A third (33%) of children have had images posted online from birth
- A quarter (23%) of children have even had their pre-birth scans uploaded to the Internet by their parents
- Seven per cent (7%) of babies have even had an email address created for them by their parents
- More than 70% of mothers said they posted baby and toddler images online to share with friends and family
I wonder if our children will thank us or not? Because that stuff isn’t going to go away….